Arts Education grants support local cultural organizations and/or teaching artists in providing meaningful arts education for K-12 public school students up to and including senior adults. These funds serve to bring teaching artists and their classroom skills into dedicated learning environments for all ages.

The Arts Education category now offers two funding strands:

  • K-12 In-School & After-School Projects 
  • Community-Based Learning

The maximum project request in the Arts Education category is $5,000. Arts Education Grants may fund up to 75% of an applicant’s total project expenses, not to exceed $5000. The remaining 25% must be covered by other cash income (earned, unearned, other grants) as demonstrated in the project budget.

The proposed project must take place within the same county as the applicant’s legal address.

Nonprofit organizations, independent artists or unincorporated entities may apply in the AE category. Individuals may apply directly for Arts Education Grants without a fiscal sponsor.

Applicants may submit up to three (3) separate direct and/or fiscally sponsored requests in any combination of categories (CA, AE, IA), but the total of all requests may not exceed $5,000.

Applicants must consult directly with the Grant Coordinator before applying. Assistance in developing a program, finding an artist or school is available by contacting the Grant Coordinator, at 585.243.6785 or melissa@gvartscouncil.org.

Please review the Arts Education Guidelines on our “Forms and Documents” page to ensure you are eligible for this program.

To apply, go to the Apply Here! page. You must complete the online application form and upload all necessary supporting documents. When uploading, remember that your file sizes must be under 3MB. If you have a file that is larger than that, please email melissa@gvartscouncil.org to discuss options.

The budget and signature pages are also available for you to download from the “Forms and Documents” Page. Complete and upload them to your online application.