Community Arts Grants

Community Arts Grants provide support for high-quality arts and cultural projects in all disciplines, genres and styles, serving geographically, economically, and ethnically diverse populations in order to increase the vitality of local communities in Livingston and Monroe Counties.

Community Arts Grants may include, but are not limited to: exhibitions, workshop series, performances, festivals, screenings or readings. All funded projects must be community-based and open to the general public.

The maximum project request in the Community Arts category is $5,000. Community Arts Grants may fund up to 75% of an applicant’s total project expenses, not to exceed $5000. The remaining 25% must be covered by other cash income (earned, unearned, other grants) as demonstrated in the project budget.

The proposed project must take place within the same county as the applicant’s legal address.

Applicants may submit up to three (3) separate direct and/or fiscally sponsored requests in any combination of categories (CA, AE, IA), but the total of all requests may not exceed $5,000. Fiscally sponsored requests are exempt from the three-request limit and the $5000 maximum.

Non-Profit Organizations, Local Government Entities, Tribal entities, as well as individual artists and unincorporated entities applying with a fiscal sponsor are eligible.

Applicants must consult directly with the Grant Coordinator before applying. Assistance in developing a program and writing your grant is available by contacting the Grant Coordinator at 585.243.6785 or melissa@gvartscouncil.org.

Please review the Community Arts Grant Guidelines on the “Forms and Documents” page to ensure that you, your organization and your program are eligible to apply.

To apply, go to the Apply Here! page. You must complete the online application form and upload all necessary supporting documents. When uploading, remember that your file sizes must be under 3MB. If you have a file that is larger than that, please email melissa@gvartscouncil.org to discuss options.

The budget and signature pages  are available for you to download from the “Forms and Documents” Page. Complete and upload them to your online application.