Artists in Education Grant

The Artists in Education grants supports local cultural organizations and/or teaching artists in providing meaningful arts education for K-12 public school students up to and including senior adults. These funds serve to bring teaching artists and their classroom skills into dedicated learning environments for all ages.

The Arts Education category now offers two funding strands:

  • K-12 In-School & After-School Projects and
  • Community-based Learning

Funds of up to $5,500 are available to artists and/or cultural organizations working in local schools. This grant can fund up to 75% of the project’s total expenses (with the remaining 25% being covered by cash and/or in-kind contributions) and should include costs for appropriate project evaluation and documentation.

Applicants must consult directly with the Program Coordinator before applying. Assistance in developing a program, finding an artist or school is available by contacting the Program Coordinator, at 585.243.6785 or melissa@gvartscouncil.org.

Please view the Artists in Education Guidelines on our “Forms and Documents” page to ensure you are eligible for this grant program.

To apply, go to the Apply Here! page. You must complete the online application form and upload all necessary supporting documents. When uploading, remember that your file sizes must be under 1.4MB. If you have a file that is larger than that, please email Melissa (melissa@gvartscouncil.org) to discuss options.

The budget sheet and signature sheet are available for you to download from the “Forms and Documents” Page. Complete and upload them to your online application.

Apply Here!